STEP LIFTs for wheelchair users
For visitors to your premises who have mobility problems, even a few steps can be a major obstacle. Businesses and public buildings need a cost effective, reliable option for helping wheelchair users and others with impaired mobility access premises and different levels while maintaining their dignity and independence.
Step lifts (also known as low rise platform lift, wheel chair lift or open platform lift) are low-rise lifting platforms which provide convenient internal and external lift travel up to 3 metres. As such they are designed to provide the most effective alternative way to flights of stairs to navigate up and down floors, whether inside or outside. Unlike stairlifts, step lifts are the best lifting solution to short or single flights of stairs as they allow users to stay in their wheelchair.
Platform Step Lift
Platform step lifts for internal or external access.
This step lift for the disabled or wheelchair users provides access where vertical access is a metre or less. Features include:
- Different sized platforms to suit different locations
- 300kg load capacity
- Travel distance of 1 metre
- Glazed or steel upper landing gate
- Options on barrier arm styles
- Optional power operated upper landing gate
- 240v, 13amp power supply
- Internal and external use
- Robust, safe & reliable
Incline Platform Lift
The incline platform lift is ideal where there is no room for a vertical lift. It can be installed internally or externally on staircases even when there are landings in between sets of steps.
An incline wheelchair lift can also be specially designed to cope with bends in the staircase. Features include:
- Different sized platforms for different locations
- 300kg load capacity
- Travel distance of 10 metres
- Joystick controls on platform
- Mid landing applications
- Wall or stanchion post mounted
- Wireless remote push button at each landing
- Key switch on landing controls
- 240v, 13 amp power supply
- Under platform safety plate
- Safe edge folding ramp
Optional features for the incline step lift include:
Depending on the access into your premises and the location, we can offer the following options:
- adjacent entrance / exit configurations
- Rain cover for external applications
- Hand held remote control
- Raised or folded platform arms
- Curved rail option
- Fold down seat on carriage
More Reasons to install a Step Lift:
Step lifts are not just for wheelchair users. They also provide independent access for:
- Mobility Scooters
- Prams and Buggies
- People with Visual Impairments
- Families with Children.
WHY STEP LIFTS FROM R J LIFT SERVICES.
Our step lifts are manufactured using high-quality materials and designed for high performance and outstanding visual design that can suit the style of any building. The step lift control panel and its buttons are revised to be used by any group of passengers, including wheelchair users and the visually impaired.
We precisely design our step lifts so slight or no alterations are needed to the existing buildings. This provides a cost-effective, safe and easy way to gain access to a property where stairs would otherwise prevent easy access.
All our lifts are supplied with a 12-month warranty as standard and we also offer a range of maintenance options which can be tailored to suit your specific requirements.
As one of the leading independent lift companies in the UK, we can provide lift services throughout the UK and at a highly competitive rate.
STEP LIFT MAIN FEATURES
- Modern lightweight design
- Stainless steel construction
- Low space requirements
- High level of security
- Simple to use
- No pit required
- Simple to install and easy to service
- Overall low maintenance and running costs
- Running speeds of 1.5m/s